Monday, January 28, 2019

More battery problems, Kadet Senior...

Wow...I've been working on these airplanes since back in November of 2018. When you stop flying for a few years, everything goes bad. I've repaired my portable glow driver, my power panel, my electric starter, my fuel pump, and pretty much all of the batteries in all of my airplanes. Oh well, at least it's winter and I have time to do it. When I pulled the Sig Kadet Senior down, I discovered a bunch of problems...bad flight battery, leaky fuel tank, and a broken exhaust header on the engine. Here, you'll see the bad battery and the packing from around the fuel tank that shows the evidence of a fuel tank leak. Hopefully, by the time warm weather is here, I'll be all repaired and ready to fly...here's a few pics from the tear down of my Senior.