Monday, June 27, 2022

Airplane Hauler project, pg 12... cont'd

The rear lighting panel on the trailer was fitted with a bunch of incandescent light assemblies, some of which didn't work. I dropped the panel and found a spiderweb mess of wiring, and decided to rebuild it with LED lamps. Debbie ordered LED light units online, and I got busy. The resulting lighting is very bright and waterproof. While it was apart, I stripped the old dirty adhesive from the panel and beat a few dents out :-) Here's a few pics...

Above, you see the location where the rear lighting panel was installed. I opened it up and found a huge mess of tangled wiring...




All of the old wiring and lighting removed, panel painted, and ready for new lights. I removed a few of the large dents int he panel, as well.







Lighting panel completed and installed.


http://www.RCDave.net